December is a month of giving thanks and sharing our blessings (my lame excuses, I say! 🙂 ) and as I have forgotten all about this post because of the crazy workload the past weeks, so two months after, here goes…
My birthday usually comes and goes without much funfare and I like it that way. Even on a Friday, I decided to just come home earlier than usual and spend dinner with the family. And spent Saturday just bumming around the house and burning holes in my bed. I thought I’ll be on vacation pretty soon anyway and I’ll take that as the token birthday gift to myself.
In the meantime, I kept myself busy replying to each message I received through email, text, Facebook timeline, PMs, Google+ chat (with… (▰˘◡˘▰) ), blog comments, tweets and DMs. While it would have been easier to post a general message for everyone, the fact that people took time out and typed those words to greet me, I thought I’d do the same and type out a specific reply.
I may gripe; I may whine but I am always grateful; even for the littlest things that came my way.
- Like that time when torrential rains poured just as I got into the shuttle. I would have been soaking wet (and not in a good way 😛 ) had I got caught up in that rain.
- That even as our father got hospitalized, we still manage to make ends meet.
- That I have friends, real ones and that cyber one 🙂 , who stood by me through it all in whatever way they can.
- Mother is her usual talkative self and still recalls quite vividly the offenses of some of her relatives; for us, these are good indications that she still is very much free from Alzhiemer’s disease.
- My niblings are all healthy apart from the occasional coughs and colds.
- Inspite of the work boredom, I’m thankful for the pay it entails; it allows me to manage family needs with a little extra for those wants.
Thank you everyone for your kindness and for dropping by my page and reading my posts and tweets, however crazy they can sometimes be. Cheers! (✿◠‿◠)